DPD Next Working Day Deliveries – UK Mainland.
We dispatch Monday to Friday only, our couriers do not collect parcels at the weekend or on Bank Holidays.
Whilst every effort is made to deliver orders within our estimated time frames, please be aware that delays may occur, on occasion, due to unforeseen factors. Zoe’s Fancy Cakes will not be held liable / responsible for delays to deliveries outside of our control, i.e., traffic or weather constraints, 3rd party delays or strike action.
There are sometimes other factors and events which may on occasion from time-to-time cause delays with shipments. Such occurrences could be events like ‘Black Friday’, Cake International or the Festive Break . We will endeavour to prewarn you of any disruptions that may occur as a result of things like these.
Our principal courier for the UK Mainland is DPD with all shipments sent using this service delivered on the Next Working day.
- We endeavour to undertake same day dispatch (Monday to Friday) on all orders received before midday albeit cannot guarantee this as we are only a small team. It will otherwise be sent on the next business day.
- Once shipped the parcel should arrive on the next business day as standard (Monday - Friday). This is NOT a guaranteed service, however DPD has a 98% success rate for this service. Please allow for courier delays when placing your order as this cannot be foreseen by Zoe’s Fancy Cakes.
- Please provide a mobile number and email address when you place your order, you will receive notifications from the courier on the morning of the delivery to advise of the one-hour window the delivery will be made; this cannot be pre-selected by us.
- Double check that you have given us a full and complete delivery address and postcode – we cannot be held responsible for any errors made at order stage.
* Some light items will automatically be classed as heavy due to their size or combined size, this will automatically amend the shipping charge incurred and take it to the next bracket up. Within the UK mainland the free shipping option will still override if applicable.
**The DPD next day service is not available to UK Islands and the Highlands postcodes as outlined below; AB 30-35, 36-38, 41-54, 55-56, BT, FK17-21, G83, GY9, HS1-9, IV1-56, KA27-28, KW0-99, PA20-99, PH15-99, PH15-32, TR21-25, ZE1-3, IM, IV, JE, GY.
Non-delivery of DPD deliveries is rare due to the excellent range of 'In-Flight' options they offer which allow you to manage your delivery. If something unforeseen happens and you miss your delivery, DPD will leave you a card to advise they attempted delivery, alongside email / text notifications and they'll take a photo of the delivery location - you can view this and get real-time updates on your delivery via the DPD website link included in the emails / texts you'll receive.
If DPD have left a card, it's important you contact them right away to re-arrange delivery because if they return the order to us, there is a return charge of £9.95 and, once returned to us, we cannot ship the order again free of charge.